Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Let's Call it a "Stationary Bicycle"

Well then.

A few nights ago my father walked in with this on his back. He plopped it in front of the television, took a breath, and said that "now your mom doesn't have an excuse not to exercise."


Wow. Yes. A vintage exercise bike. It must be veryyy old, because its design is so simple. I suspect it's from at LEAST the 70's; it doesn't even have a mile-counter or anything. It is literally just a frame and a wheel. I can't even call it an exercise machine. Just an exercise apparatus or a stationary bike or something.

But you know what? IT WORKS GREAT. There's a little knob where you can change the resistance on the wheel, which I think is pretty useful. Apparently, my dad saw this in our neighbor's trash, and so he picked it up and walked all the way around the block with the bike on his back so the neighbor's wouldn't see him.


Needless to say my dad and I have been using this way more than my mom (it's right in front of the television so we really have no choice) and I've noticed some pleasant formation of muscle in my legs. Wooooo!

Does anyone have a better idea of when this exercise bike was manufactured?

1 comment:

  1. I have bеen researching, evaluating and checking quite a few
    different portable exеrсіѕe biκеs, and I think
    I аm going to settlе with this indooг cyclе
    bike here, but I'm not comρletely сertain yet.


    Tаkе a look at my web pаge - exerpeutic folding exercise bike

    ReplyDelete