Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What I Wore: 4-5-2012

My friend Jade and I went to go see The Hunger Games last week, and, of course, I insisted on dressing up. As who? Why, Effie Trinket of course!

I was disappointed that I wasn't able to get my hair as poofed and curled as Effie's, but I felt that the rest of my outfit, considering the adjustments I had to make because of the cold weather (sorry for that black undershirt...), was a fairly reasonable interpretation of Capitol style.

Suitably large hair flower!
I know that the black undershirt messes it up, but it was cold.


This is a vintage suit that my mom used to wear eons ago. It's too big for me in the hips, which is why I don't wear it often despite its adorableness. It's a light pink damask, and although you can't see it, the back is a V-shape that closes with buttons. CUTE! I'm wearing my black heeled combat boots with this because I didn't feel like walking all the way to the movie theater in heels. I don't think you can see it in the pictures, but I was actually carrying around an iridescent blue clipboard. Yup. From my Lisa Frank days. The large beaded pink flower in my hair is actually a Christmas tree decoration (NO SHAME!); I bought it to wear in my lapels or on my bags, but I think Effie would've had a stash of these in her closet just for her hair.

Again, please excuse the blurryness and graininess of these photos on my blackberry. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment