Saturday, June 22, 2013

Vintage Pattern Stash: Part 3

You can find the other installments of this post here and here.

I think most of the batch of 80's patterns I was given were designed for home-ec students, or sewists introducing themselves to sewing. The cuts and styles are a basic, blank canvas for all sorts of modifications and embellishments: embroidery, pintucks, lace collars, trim, appliques, and all sort of accessories.

Fairly basic, boxy shape--I suspect this one has just too much ease built into the pattern already.

Actually not a bad style, but a very poor photograph. Sorry!
See? Isn't that surplice bodice cute? I think they've just got the styling all wrong on the pattern envelope.
There Simplicity goes again with the dowdy, shapeless cuts, though I imagine this was used in sewing classes for beginners. I REALLY like the sleeve options in this pattern, especially for views 1 and 2!

And my FAVORITE one of this bunch!! That dress just screams 1940's to me, what a treasure! What an example of those rare moments in which the model looks better than the garment illustration. In fact, I'm not sure if this one is 70's or 80's...

This last pattern is really stumping me. The pants and those bell sleeves indicate a 70's styling, but I'm really not sure about that stunning 1940's dress. I'm really in love with the dress, from the cutesy sleeves, to the gathering at the shoulder. I've been keeping my eyes open for fabric to make this dress with!


No comments:

Post a Comment