Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Fabric Warehouse


In a few of my posts, I've mentioned the mysterious and slightly creepy Fabric Warehouse, my go-to for affordable fabrics. Most recently, I bought several plaid wools for about $2-3 a yard! The store apparently sells name-brand fabrics at a discount, but since none of their bolts are labeled I'm not sure where the fabric comes from (or its fabric content, etc.)

The Fabric Warehouse is located in Belleville, New Jersey, and is accessible to those in the NYC area. It is right behind Route 21.

681 Main St, Belleville, NJ 07109
(973) 759-8080
Mon - Sat, 10am - 6pm, Sun, noon - 5pm
There is also a location in Rahway, New Jersey.
970 New Brunswick Ave, Rahway, NJ 07065
(732) 882-0007

They have a website, too.

http://fabricwarehousedirect.com/

Some info (the validity of which I'm uncertain about):

"Our retails stores are Fabric Warehouse.  Our online store is called Fabric Warehouse Direct.  We are the home of "Designer Goods and Below Wholesale Prices." That's because we offer exquisite first quality, brand-name upholstery, drapery, wallpaper as well as other home decorating products at more than 50% off retail prices. We only buy first quality designer goods from trusted sources that have been in the business for years. As a result, we are committed to passing on tremendous savings to our customers. We guarantee you will not find quality goods at our prices anywhere else.

Established in 1982. Fabric Warehouse has been in business for over 20 years and has three stores in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our main warehouse is stocked with 23,000 square feet of merchandise. At the urging of my daughter, we decided to jump into the modern age by putting some of our stock online at Fabric Warehouse Direct. Come check us out either on land or in cyberspace!"

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Gabriella! It's so funny after my last comment I went online and searched and found it on the map. Maybe once my poor car is out of the shop I will make my way there!
    Best, and good luck with the pretty plaid!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete