Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

The image was found on Google with no information...
Mothers: they nurture, listen, console, tolerate, teach, and love. For all that they do, articulating our appreciation can become difficult. How can one be sincere without sounding like a greeting card?

Luckily, for us sewists, the pleasure of a handmade gift is never too far away. Remember the Retro Polka Dot Chiffon Dress I made my mother a few years ago?

Though I didn't have time to make a full ensemble for my mother this year, I did take the time to remove turtlenecks from 2 of her sweaters (we're a largely anti-turtleneck household). I also carefully mended another sweater. Sometimes it's the little things that make an impact!

Did you make something for the mother in your life this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment