Thursday, February 11, 2016

2016 Re-sew-lutions

How fulfilling it feels to put down the needle and pen and blog again! I've done a lot of sewing in the past few months, including hand sewing a secret project for my boyfriend (it is made up of 18 pieces and has taken an extremely long time, despite the relaxing quality of hand sewing).

I like setting sewing resolutions last year because it gave me a benchmark by which I could measure my activity and success. Overall, I think I did pretty well with last year's resolutions. I started out strong, blogging about 2 or 3 times per month, and I completed 15 projects, more than the 12 I had anticipated! Part of this was spurred by the Historical Sew Monthly, and I was able to create 3 complete outfits from 3 different time periods, in addition to a number of accessories and gifts. I completed 4/6 HSM challenges I aimed for (and one remains unblogged about, so does it still count?).

Most of my 2016 resolutions are the same as last year's, because last year's were so motivating for me.

My 2016 Re-Sew-Lutions

1. Complete at least 1 project every month, or at least 12 projects throughout the whole year
From my experience last year, this is a realistic goal which I was able to meet despite my busy schedule. In addition to my thesis project sewing (complete pre- and post- French Revolution outfits), I'm planning to add more pieces to my portuguese folkloric costume wardrobe, an Edwardian walking skirt, and a velvet devore 1920s dress.

2. Write at least 2 blog posts every month
Three blog posts per month last year was too much for me to keep up with. And I spend nearly all of my time sitting in front of a screen for work or school, that coming home and doing the same to write a blog just isn't appetizing.


3. Participate in at least 6 Historical Sew Monthly challenges 
With my limited sewing time and long list of wacky projects, it is very challenging to meet most of the HSM challenges. I didn't make it to 6 last year, but I hope to do it this year. I have so far participated in Procrastination, and plan to also participate in Protection, Holes, Monochrome, and Red.

I can't wait to show you the big hand sewing project I've been working on. Hint: it's white!

No comments:

Post a Comment