Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pink Button-Down Blouse Update!

I reached a point of almost-completion with the Pink Button-Down Blouse v. 2 just before I left for Portugal this summer. The blouse is almost finished except for a hem, buttons, and buttonholes. This is mostly due to me running out of thread and being unable to find appropriate buttons!

I eliminated most of the topstitching detail on this blouse because I didn't want to take away from the beautiful fabric: it's so soft and lustrous, and such a delicious shade of pink!


Look at that crisp collar!

Handmade, handsewn binding to the sleeve slit.
The yoke turned out beautiful, in my opinion!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm new to your blog, and I am thrilled you shared this pink blouse with us--absolutely gorgeous shade of pink for your coloring. Sorry to be late to the party, but what is the fabric, and the pattern--did you make your own, or adapt a commercial one? Just lovely details. And I know what you mean about buttonhole thread and finding the right buttons! If you want to splurge, I suggest Tender Buttons in NYC, if you get over the water some day. Their stuff is miraculous, but expensive. Or sometimes I get lucky on eBay?
    Best of luck with the Ren Gown, too. Piping!! I love it!!
    Nancy N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pattern I used was a vintage (80s) McCall's 8662 (http://pourlavictoire.blogspot.com/2012/07/diy-sheer-button-down-shirt.html). I did have to alter it the first time around; this version is very far from the original pattern, as it was altered extensively from the first shirt I made.

      Delete