DIY Reusable Cloth Coffee Filter




This year, I’ve gotten into pourover coffee and have since extended my sewing hobby into my coffee routine by making reusable fabric coffee filters!

Broadly speaking, there are three types of coffee filters: paper, cloth, and metal. While paper filters are common and convenient, they produce a lot of paper waste over time. Using a cloth coffee filter is cheap, easy, and sustainable!

I use a Hario V60 coffee dripper cone for my pourover coffee, and the paper filter shape for this setup is a simple cone shape folded flat. There is a “fold” of the paper on one side and a stamped “seam” edge on the other.

You can use the process I show in my video, below, to make any size or type of cone-shaped coffee filter. The cloth coffee filters need to be rinsed off after use and stored in a jar of water in the refrigerator until the next use.




Popular Posts