How to Sew a Cartridge Pleated Skirt

 

I'm excited to share with you my tutorial for sewing a cartridge pleated skirt, suitable for historybounding, hobbitcore, cottagecore, and some folk costumes. Featuring historically accurate techniques like a hem facing and hem braid, this skirt is easy to sew, hard-wearing and versatile. 

In my tutorial video, I show how to calculate yardage for this skirt, how to sew cartridge pleats, how to sew cartridge pleats to a waistband or tape, and how to embellish this type of skirt.



Not only have I made this type of skirt several times now... but I realized that I paired each skirt with a different variant of the Folkwear Gibson Girl Blouse! I like matching my plaid wool skirt with my silk and lace shirtwaist, my red plaid cotton skirt with my floral cotton shirtwaist, and my new green cotton skirt with my plaid shirtwaist.

Click on the video below to see the full tutorial. I hope this video is helpful and inspiring!


Popular Posts